Thursday, December 6, 2012

Library book shelves go up !

My books are now in full view when I'm working (as opposed to in another room) as well as all my 'working' files. They are all sorted into general art, craft or textile sections as well as being referenced on a database ('Stitcherydoers' can 'click here for recommendations).


The shelves themselves are self-assembly heavy-duty white metal - bought from Big Dug several years ago. They have been attached to the wall for safety & being metal can have magnetic things attached. Really useful as you can position things where needed & to double up on space. I have some magnetic clips so that the library area can double up as as a display area. I can attach pieces of work to the shelves for looking at whilst working on (see below) as well as for viewing in different lighting conditions.
.