Saturday, March 20, 2021

A "Summer Garden" is finished


Covid has meant that I've finally been able to finalise some projects that have been waiting to get completed. One of these was a way of using up a rather large pile of small cotton remnants that I thought would be a perfect "thank you" gift for one of my long-standing customers who I thought needed cheering up. Over the years, she has had many blouses & kimonos made - it seemed a pity to not use them up in some way. So armed with my recent Janome sewing machine, I asked the customer if she would like to have a single quilted throw made. She did - but not a quilted one .... just a cotton throw & here's the result (on a king size bed for the image) - all pieces have been stitched together using different pre-programmed machine embroidered stitches.

Full details will follow in due course as I've only just finished it!